Are you burned out, worn out, or stressed out? Then breathe deeply and relax. It’s time to restore yourself completely in body, mind, and spirit. It’s time to hit the Pause button on life and hang loose for a moment.
Did you know that in most ancient cultures the entire tribe would drop everything and celebrate with ritual and ceremony at every change of season? People restored their energies with dancing, singing, chanting, eating, and storytelling. Ceremonies helped people release the old baggage of the old season and clear the way for the fresh energies of the new.
Are you ready to drop your worries, fears, aches and pains? Then enjoy these ten wonderful ways to nurture and revitalize every part of yourself.
1. Flower Essences: Heal your mind, spirit and emotions with these gentle energetic essences. To restore yourself, try these essences either singly or in combination: Elm, Walnut, Agrimony, Honeysuckle, Olive, Hornbeam, Wild Rose, Vervain, Willow, and Star of Bethlehem. Take four drops under the tongue every few hours.
2. Aromatherapy: Use the revitalizing scent of essential oils to restore body and spirit. For calming relief, add a few drops of chamomile, sage, cypress, and lavender essential oils to your bath, or mix with almond oil and apply to your temples and wrists.
3. Gemstones: Crystals and gemstones have deeply healing properties. Carry them in your pocket or wear them on a chain next to your heart. For negative emotions, wear Apache Tears and specular hematite. For restoring balance and harmony, wear rose quartz.
4. Connect with Nature: Sometimes being in nature can restore us as nothing else can. Kick off your shoes and walk barefoot in the grass, or sit with your back to an old wise tree and let it absorb your burdens. Take in the healing sounds of falling water, wild birds, and insects. In a pinch, get a recording of nature sounds and play it as you meditate.
5. Switch Sides: Give your nerves a break by using the opposite side of your body. If you normally open doors with your right hand, open them with your left. If you normally put your shoes on right foot first, switch to your left. This exercise helps you get out of a rut and allows your body to experience some new restful sensations.
6. Sun Candle: For deep spiritual nourishment, burn a sun yellow candle as often as you can. For more intentional healing, put your hands up to the candle and say, “Child of Wonder, Child of Flame, Nourish my Spirit, and Protect my Aim.” Yellow is the color of spiritual vitality and nurtures your being to its very core.
7. Intentional Sleep: Before you go to sleep each night, take a few moments to program your sleep time so that it gives you maximum rest. Say to yourself, “I choose to sleep deeply and restfully this evening, and to wake up fully refreshed.” You’ll be surprised how good you feel in the morning!
8. Shield Your Psyche: Wearing a psychic shield pendant on a chain protects your psyche from negative energies. Because this symbol spins eternally once set in motion, it acts as a spinning shield or protector against harmful energies. Most pendants with this symbol will actually blacken when hit with strong negative energy.
9. Cross Crawling: When you’ve been pushed to the limit cross crawling is a great way to restore yourself. Just get down on your hands and knees and crawl, making sure that your opposite hands and knees strike the ground at the same time (for instance, right hand and left knee). Crawling this way for even 5 minutes restores the balance between the left and right sides of your brain. You’ll have more mental clarity and experience a refreshing surge of energy.
10. Navajo Beauty Way: Connecting with the sky and earth with the Navajo Beauty Way is a wonderful way to become whole again. The Navajos used this ritual to maintain their spiritual identity and connection when they were forced to move onto reservations.
To practice the Beauty Way, simply pause every time you step outside. Reach your senses into the sky and say, “Sky Above.” Keeping your connection with the sky, also extend your senses into the Earth and say, “and Earth Below.” Standing balanced between sky and earth say, “I greet you.” Wait a moment to see if you get a response. Then notice how you feel and what happens during your day!