You’ve probably heard the saying “forgive and forget”, but that is often easier said than done. Anyone who has been on a magical or spiritual path for any amount of time understands the logic behind how holding onto anger, desiring revenge and other negative emotions like that end up hurting us. By Law of Attraction, if we put out negative vibes we will only get more negative back at us. Knowing all this still doesn’t make it easy sometimes to forgive and forget when we feel we have been wronged or betrayed.
I have had many opportunities presented to me in practicing this when dealing with my family of origin and have learned some things about forgetting and forgiving in the process. To forgive is to give a gift to oneself and to others. You have to forgive so that you can get to forgetting. Forgetting is the gift of forgiving. It’s kind of like a circle process. In other words, if you can find a way to forgive, then you can forget, so forgetting is the gift you get from forgiving. Going through this process frees us up inside so that we are not carrying burdens such as guilt, blame, anger, etc… It serves the same purpose as doing a magical disconnect.
When you are able to go through the process of forgiving and forgetting you not only heal yourself, but you also broadcast this healing energy, much like in a spell matrix. Broadcasting this energy affects others in their subliminal mind and you will notice a difference in those around you. Of course, since we all have free will, this does not mean the situation will always be settled the way you would want it to be. Sometimes it means accepting that you are not on the same path or wave length as another person and coming to peace with breaking away from that person. After all, maintaining your inner peace is the important thing. Remember the level of your being attracts the level of your life. To attract good things to your life, you have to have your inner state working in a positive vein. This cannot be accomplished if you are holding on to past negative emotions.
Of course it is hard to forgive and forget when you still have a “charge” or attachment to the situation. Disconnecting from the situation is a good way to release or change those energies, emotions, or thoughts that keep you stuck in the negative. Magical disconnects can help you move forward in the forgiving process so that you can get to forgetting. Here are a couple of ways to magically disconnect from a situation, your own negative thoughts, your own negative emotions, or even from another person if you feel it no longer serves you to have them in your life.
This method requires you to have a pendulum. You can either buy one at a new age type store, online, or make one yourself.
- Hold your pendulum in your dominant hand, letting it dangle while you visualize the problem you want to clear.
- Ask your pendulum, “Can I, May I, Should I, clear this situation?” If you get a yes answer from your pendulum, then move forward. You can use an indicator plate with a circle that has yes on one side and no on the other to get this answer.
- Begin swinging your pendulum in a counter clockwise direction, asking it to clear the situation. As you do this, “see” the situation resolving in your mind. Be very specific with your request and what you envision as to the situation being resolved.
- Continue to focus on clearing the situation until your pendulum stops spinning in the counter clockwise direction. It will then either start moving along a vertical or horizontal axis, stop or start spinning clockwise. When it stops swinging on its own then the problem has been cleared.
- Once a problem has been cleared you can of course always choose to bring it back. Trust the power of your pendulum and your intent and release the problem from your consciousness. If you find it seeping back into your consciousness throughout the day, change your focus to something else.
- Pause to reflect on your situation, then visualize a picture of your situation, problem, or issue that you wish to disconnect from.
- Keeping this picture in your mind say this litany aloud in a strong voice three times:
“I am neither your creature nor your get
to be ruled by your whim nor your let
I will go my own way
by night or by day
to serve my own purposes yet!”
Ask yourself, what negative emotions are you holding onto? Then give yourself the gift of forgive and forget with a little magical help so you can open the door to unlimited possibilities and move on to manifesting that which you desire.