Thanks to Reverend George Dew of the Church of Seven Arrows for his creation of these Universal Laws.
Two Major Rules
1. Whatever is done to the environment or to other beings in the environment brings similar effects upon the doer.
2. The magician judges the “goodness” or “badness” of his or her own acts, whether they are conscious or unconscious acts, on the basis of what the Universe reflects back on him or her. The same is true of judging others, entire communities, states, or nations.
Ethical Laws of the Rules of the Road
These ethical laws will give you a more detailed standard by which to measure your acts, or the acts of others, to determine whether they are in accordance with Rules of the Road. Judge any act of magic by these laws before doing it.
1. Do nothing that will harm another being unless you are willing to suffer like or greater harm. Note that what the Universe considers harm may be different from what our culture teaches as harm.
2. Don’t bind another being unless you are willing to be likewise bound. This applies to many love spells and some kinds of healing rituals.
3. Never use magic for show, pride, or vainglory. Using magic to show off, to prove a point, or from a place of injured pride usually results in side-bands (undesirable side effects) to the operation that will bring very undesirable backlash from the Universe.
4. Never set an extremely high price for the use of magic (especially divination, healing, or spells) based on your having special knowledge. With some operations that take significant man hours, such as divination, it appears by our observation to be appropriate to charge the same fee as any other professional might charge per hour in your local area.
5. Don’t use any special word, symbol, incantation, or spell unless you understand thoroughly and completely its mechanics, content, and intent! Be very wary of using other people’s operations if you wish to avoid “frying” yourself, either figuratively or literally!
6. Never do a spell without first doing a divination to determine a) if you should do it, and b) exactly what needs to be dealt with. Modern American social values and overt appearances of a situation are not trustworthy guides for a magician wishing to avoid bad karma. In other words, there may be hidden factors in the situation, which cause the doing of a spell to be against Rules of the Road.
7. TAKE YOUR TIME, THINK IT THROUGH, AND DO IT RIGHT!
The Esoteric School of Shamanism and Magic is open to practitioners of all faiths and doctrines on the basis that Truth is the same no matter the form of practice. If you are interested in any magical or shamanic practice or technique, including the following, we welcome you: wiccan spells, witch spells, witchcraft spells, astral projection for beginners, casting magick spells, aboriginal spirituality, native american rituals, native american spirituality, elemental magic, high magick, candle magic, aleister Crowley, druids or book of shadows.