Sonics is a very interesting form of protection magic that requires nothing more than your voice. It is one of the many magical self-defense techniques covered in our Magical Self Defense homestudy course. There’s no magical tools, candles to light or anything other than your own voice so you can use this form of protection magic anytime, anywhere. You can literally stop an attacker in his tracks according to the voice you use.
To use sonics as a tool for protection magic, you first need to have an understanding of the 8 voices of command, the elements associated with them and the effect each voice can produce. It then takes practice to be able to use each voice in bringing about the desired effect. First let’s look at the 4 elements and the types of sounds associated with them.
1. Air – These sounds are soft, light and breathy. They are high pitched, do not carry over long distances and don’t contain much vibration. These types of sounds are useful in confusing someone or reducing excess fire. For example, you may have noticed a time when confronted with someone yelling, you could make them stop yelling by whispering something to them.
2. Fire – These sounds are shrill, clear, bright or cutting. They are high pitched and carry over longer distance. They are attention grabbing.
3. Water – These sounds are soft, rolling, caressing type sounds. They have a mid-range pitch and can carry fairly well over distance. They have a noticeable vibratory effect and an effect on emotions.
4. Earth – These sounds are heavy, drumming, low pitched sounds that have a definite vibration and do not carry well over distance. They are sometimes hard to hear with the ears and hard to locate.
Before you are in a situation where you need to use protection magic, it is a good idea to practice these types of sounds, identify sounds you make and hear others make and classify them according to their element. Then consider these 8 voices of command and practice them so that when the need arises, you will know the type of voice to use in the specific situation.
Voices of Command
1. Business and Teaching – This is mostly a water element voice with a little fire for vitality and a little earth for solidity. It has a mid-range pitch with varying flow pattern and a slight edge to it. It is not a harsh voice, but is intense and focused. This voice is useful for business transactions or teaching situations or to begin a communication with someone who is tired, bored or a bit depressed.
2. Friendliness – This is another voice that is mostly a water element, but has a bit of air, fire and earth mixed in. It is a lower tone than the Business and Teaching voice, but still mid-range in pitch. The flow is smooth, soft or slightly husky with a relaxed intensity. This voice is more caressing and has a relaxing effect, but not to the point of causing sleepiness or unconsciousness. This is a useful voice in personal and social situations or in calming down someone who is anxious or tense.
3. Irritation – This voice is mostly fire with some air and a bit of water. The pitch is higher than the Business and Teaching voice and has a jerky or choppy flow pattern. It is a bit shrill and abrupt and can be irritating or grating to the listener causing them nervous discomfort but not anger. It is a good voice to use with someone who is extremely tired or very depressed and with getting a nosy neighbor or gossipy person to leave you alone.
4. Anger – This voice is high in equal parts fire and earth with just a little water to create “steam”. The pitch is similar to the Friendliness voice only with a choppy or jerky flow to it. The tone has an edge or grating quality about it and can be very abrupt. This is a useful voice in dealing with someone who is exhausted, or has taken too many tranquilizers or any situation you need to get the person active quickly.
5. Fear – This voice is high in air with just enough fire to deliver it clearly to the listener and shake them up a bit. It has a high pitch with a choppy, irregular flow. It has a whiny or nasal tone with a slight whisper. It is meant to make the listener uncomfortable without becoming hostile and cause them uncertainty or anxiety. This is a good voice to use in getting rid of pesky people like pushy salespeople, nosy neighbors and uninvited intruders without using open conflict.
6. Motion – This voice is half fire and half water with just a bit of air. The pitch is similar to the Business and Teaching voice, but with shrill or edgy tones. It is high in intensity throughout the whole time you use it which will generally only be a few words of command and it is very abrupt. It causes motion when there is none which makes it useful in emergency situations to get immediate actions. It is most often used with commands like “Run”, “Wake Up”, “Move”.
7. Stillness – This voice is half water and half earth. It is low in pitch and has sudden bursts in the flow. It is slightly husky and has a heavy vibration with no edge or sharpness. It is used to stop motion such as in an emergency where you need someone to stop moving. It is usually used with short commands such as “Wait”, “Don’t move”, “Stop that”. Do not use this voice with the command “Stop” as it can stop everything including the heart. Always use “Stop” with another word attached such as “Stop walking”, “Stop that”, unless of course you are confronting an attacker that means you physical harm, then you are within your rights under the magical rules of self defense to use just the word “Stop”. Just be aware that it can stun or even be fatal for the attacker. Focusing your attention towards the head can stun and focusing towards the heart can cause serious heart or neural system damage and can be fatal.
8. Calmness – This voice is mostly water and earth with a little air. It has a low to medium pitch and is basically a combination of Stillness and Friendliness voices. It is a bit husky and has a smooth flow with a mild vibration. It is used to relieve nervous and muscular tension, calm tempers or turbulent situations, induce sleep or a trance in a calm person. This is a good voice to use when confronted with an angry, hysterical or fearful person.
Using Sonics for Protection Magic
Now that you have an idea of the different voices and what they can do, there are a few other things to take into consideration when using sonics for protection magic. First, stay focused on the person you are dealing with so that you don’t affect others nearby. The sounds will go to wherever you focus your attention as you are speaking. This is especially important to consider with voices that can travel over longer distances. Second, practice, practice and practice. When practicing you can use a buddy or record yourself to listen to yourself. Notice when using the various voices how they affect you in your mood, emotions, your body, your nervous system and any other effects. The more you practice the better you will get at using sonics.
According to the voice of command you use, you can get others to act accordingly in an emergency situation, rid yourself of irritating people, deal with angry confrontations and even stop an attacker that means you physical harm. Sonics is a great magical technique to use when you need protection magic. So get practicing and be ready before you face a situation that calls for self-defense.