Knowing how to create sacred space can be very useful in our frenzied world of action and reaction. We are constantly bombarded by TV, order radio, newspapers and all kinds of other “vibes.” Creating sacred space is a way to get back to peace, serenity and clarity. There are hundreds of ways to create sacred space, depending on which tradition you study, and one of the easiest is to use a Sun candle.
You will need a Sun Yellow candle (a bright yellow candle that has no orange overtones) and paper or wooden matches. You will also need to know which direction is South. To create sacred space with the Sun Candle, you will need to “charge” it, or program it to do so. Here’s how:
– Stand or sit in the South facing North with the Sun Candle in front of you
– Light the candle using wooden or paper matches (do NOT use a lighter)
– Wait until the candle flame is steady and tall
– Hold your hands up to and around the flame, focusing your attention on the candle and flame.
– Say the charge verse below in a voice of command (a strong, powerful voice)
Child of Wonder,
Child of Flame,
Nourish My Spirit,
And Protect My Aim!
If there are other people in the room with you, you can change the “My” to “Our” and make the words “Spirit” and “Aim” plural. Leave the candle burning in the room for at least 30 minutes (be sure the candle is on a protected surface such as a plate and is not a fire hazard). At the end of 30 minutes or when you feel ready, blow out the flame (don’t snuff it).
Use the Sun Candle to clear junky energies from a room, help you focus or concentrate or anytime you feel like you need a break from life. Good luck!