If you haven’t checked out our Kindle book series, Witchcraft Spell Books, yet, then consider making that your New Year’s resolution for 2017 and get started inviting magic that works into your life this year. The 4th book in the series is a compilation of the other three books so you’ll find lots of magic that works in real life there. Just to give you a sample of what this book has to offer we present here a magical technique from that book that you can use right now to get your new year off to a good start by getting rid of those unwanted things that no longer serve you.
This technique is a Fire element magic spell called the Firebowl Burn. A firebowl is a magical tool that can be used for a variety of techniques including divination and cleansing. Before you start the Firebowl Burn you will obviously need a firebowl. Here’s how to make your own firebowl and charge it so that it is ready to use as a magical tool.
Making a Firebowl For Magic That Works
1. When choosing a firebowl, look for one that is made of brass, cast-iron, ceramic or a hard hardwood. It should be 4-6 inches in diameter and 4-5 inches deep. It should also be a shape that is easily held with one or both hands and light enough to carry in one hand if necessary. Make sure your firebowl is of a shape that will be stable when placed on a flat surface. The shape of the bowl should also be curved-in and flared back out at the top rim to promote “columning” of incense or smoke.
2. To use your firebowl you will need to fill it with ground fire clay or clean, fine sand. Non-scented cat litter (which is ground clay) works well as long as it does not have chemicals or deodorants in it. Put 1-2 inches in the bottom of your firebowl as an insulator to protect the firebowl itself, your hands and any surfaces from the heat.
3. You will also need some self-starting charcoal disks. These can be purchased from religious supply stores, new age stores or online. Round charcoals with bowl-shaped depressions in the middle are the best to use. There is a kind with pie shaped depressions, but we find these do not work as well.
4. You will need wooden or paper matches to light your charcoal. The scent and energetic side-bands associated with butane and other petroleum products change the fire-band you are working with so don’t use lighters to light the charcoal disk.
5. You will need to collect or purchase pine resin to burn on the charcoal disk as well as finely ground or rubbed sage. If you collect sage, you can grind it in a blender or coffee grinder. You also need to collect some finely chopped or shaved wood chips or tree bark. This is used to insulate the charcoal from the pine resin or incense that you burn in the firebowl and to facilitate the burning of the materials you use in your firebowl. You will sprinkle the shavings on the charcoal and then put the pine resin and sage on top of it. The last thing you will need for this exercise is a Sun Yellow utility candle. Make sure it is pure sun yellow colored without any orange tones to it. An unscented candle is best to use.
Charging Your Firebowl For Magic That Works
Charging your firebowl programs it for a specific purpose. Since magic is a precision science, charging your firebowl for certain operations makes it more effective by stating the intended purpose and programming that into the tool. Charging is not an invocation or prayer to spirit-beings or deities, just a program. Here is how to charge your firebowl.
1. Stand or sit in the South facing North with your firebowl and materials in front of you.
2. Light your Sun Yellow utility candle with a wooden or paper match.
3. Light another wooden or paper match from your candle flame and use this to light the charcoal disk. The disk will begin to spark within seconds. If the charcoal is old or damp, you may need to use metal tongs to hold it over the flame for several minutes or light the top of it in the center of the bowl-shaped depression. Most of you will realize that once the disk is lit, you don’t touch it with your hands, but for beginners who have never used one before we like to add this word of caution – It is hot, just like a charcoal on a BBQ grill.
4. Once the charcoal sitting in your firebowl is lit, pull Sun Yellow energy from your utility candle into yourself and blow it out onto the disk.
5. Add the wood shavings onto the charcoal, then the pine resin and finally the sage.
6. Wait for it to produce a good column of smoke and add more sage or resin if needed.
7. A voice of command should be used when saying the charge verse. The verse will vary according to what you are programming the firebowl for. Here is the firebowl charge verse you will need for the Firebowl Burn ritual.
“Fire and Air where you are cast,
Let no spell nor adverse purpose last,
Not in accord with me!
Clear from my life these unwanted matters,
Send far from my life these negative factors!
Thus my will, so it be!”
Magic That Works – The Firebowl Burn
This is a good ritual for anytime you feel angry, negative or want to get rid of unwanted factors from your life. It matches the energy of anger so well because it burns, it is really simple to do and very satisfying. Be sure any time you are using fire to observe fire safety precautions. Here’s how to do it.
1. Sit in the South facing North with your firebowl, a Sun Yellow candle, pen and lots of blank paper, paper or wooden matches, wood chips, pine resin and sage.
3. Charge the firebowl as instructed above.
4. Start writing everything that is bothering you or bringing you negative feelings on the paper. Just start writing as fast as you can and get it all out. Write until you literally run out of steam (Fire and Water energy combined)
5. Now place your firebowl in front of you and make sure it is large enough to accommodate the papers you have written on for you to burn them in it. If it is not large enough then move it to a sink or somewhere else that will be safe for burning.
6. Before you actually use your matches to light the papers, pause and do whatever you need to do to move the anger out of you. This might be asking for help from angels or guides, taking some deep breaths or just having a few moments of silence.
7. Now light the papers with your wooden or paper match and watch your troubles, anger and negativity go up in the smoke. You can do one paper at a time or all of them at once, whichever feels right to you. Again just be sure to observe fire safety precautions. Watch the smoke as it rises and feel the last remnants of your unwanted factors rising out of your body with it and floating away.
After performing the ritual take a few moments to check in with yourself and see how you are different, see how you are feeling. If you have an especially stubborn or chronic problem, it may take more than one time of performing the ritual. In some extreme cases it may take doing the Firebowl Burn daily for 40 days. 40 is an effective number spiritually and doing the ritual consistently for this period of time gives you conscious daily contact with the Universe that will add to the strength of your spell matrix. If you choose to do this, it is important to be consistent. If you miss a day, then you will need to start over counting your 40 days at day 1. Don’t beat yourself up about missing a day though, the more you do this ritual, the stronger your spell matrix will become. This continuous daily contact and exercise of intention will allow you to build up a vast reservoir of energy that will help you in all types of manifestations for what you do want in the coming year.
Have a Happy and Magical New Year in 2017 and make a resolution to check out our full beginner’s guide to magic with The Complete Guide of Witchcraft Rituals and Spells for Beginners in the Kindle book section of Amazon.com. If you have a computer, tablet or Smart Phone, you’ll be able to access this book of magic that works; you don’t have to have a Kindle. Start out 2017 in a magical way and experience for yourself what magic can bring to your life.